L.ysergic S.tudents D.ictadorship
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment : -40%
-40% sur le Pack Gaming Mario PDP Manette filaire + ...
Voir le deal
29.99 €

The English thread of everything English (in English only)

3 participants

The English thread of everything English (in English only) Empty The English thread of everything English (in English only)

Message  juleschicoine Ven 20 Juin - 15:38

I choosed to start this thread so we can practice a bit our English. We can discuss anything, but :
-You can only write in English on this thread.
-If you see a mistake in one of the post before yours, feel free to point it out, that way, we can all improve our English.
- The use of dictionnaries, translation programs, grammars or any outside help you may think of is PROHIBITED (JOKE, use all you got, I know I will Laughing )

I hope this thread will help you improve your English.

The shows, books or things I prefer in English :

Shows :
-Doctor Who : Gotta love the British accent !

-The Simpsons : Because some jokes and play of words are lost in translation.

-Naruto : While I think the show in Japanese (with english subtitle, of course !) is OVER 9000* time better then any translation (and also alot farter in the story !), I still think the English version is ALOT better then the French one, because they haven't tried to find the WORST POSSIBLE VOICE ACTOR for EVERY F***ING character, like the French obviously did. BELIEVE IT !

-Other anime (Death Note, Spice and Wolf, etc...) : I listen to these anime in Japanese (because Japan is WAY ahead of us in the stories (in the case of Spice and Wolf, it's NEW in Japan, so we will probably not hear of it on this side of the world befor a long time !)). But because I don't understand Japanese, I of course listen to them with fan-made English subtitles (Thank you, anonymous crews of subtitlers !).

Books :
- Harry Potter : I've read the last two Harry Potter in English, because they came out earlier.
- Jame Clavell's Shogun : Awesome epic adventure is Awesome. But there are only English copies out there. (I know it was translated in French, but I don't think they still publish it).
- Da vinci Code : Because I felt like it.

Other things I prefer to do in English :

-Video gaming, because 1: Most video games are only in English.
2: Those who are translated in French are mostly : a) Not good games.
b) Badly translated ones.

Well that's it ! To start the discussion : What do YOU love to do/read/watch/whatever in English ?

*The first one to tell me where that come from win an Interwebs !

Dernière édition par juleschicoine le Ven 20 Juin - 15:44, édité 1 fois (Raison : Because I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was. (Translator, that is))
juleschicoine
juleschicoine
Étudiant
Étudiant

Masculin Nombre de messages : 321
Localisation : What are you gonna do? I'm up here! And you're down theeerrre!!!!
Humeur : Im h...a...p...p...y... It hurts. This is not right. not right. not right. NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS

http://www.2kinds.com

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

The English thread of everything English (in English only) Empty Re: The English thread of everything English (in English only)

Message  tribalwars Ven 20 Juin - 16:09

I don't like english so I do nothing with it.

tribalwars
Manifestant
Manifestant

Masculin Nombre de messages : 1015

The English thread of everything English (in English only) Empty Re: The English thread of everything English (in English only)

Message  Mailliw Ven 20 Juin - 21:16

I fuck a dog. The little cat is cute. The big women suck the story.

Tree frases, i rally aprove mai angliche
Mailliw
Mailliw
Le Suppléant
Le Suppléant

Masculin Nombre de messages : 507

Message  juleschicoine Mar 24 Juin - 1:24

Well... ok... This thread doesn't seem pretty popular... So, let's try something else : write or quote a text in French, and I will try to translate it in English, that way, you don't have to write in English and I can practice for my (possible) futur job as a translator. Just don't post text too long, please !
juleschicoine
juleschicoine
Étudiant
Étudiant

Masculin Nombre de messages : 321
Localisation : What are you gonna do? I'm up here! And you're down theeerrre!!!!
Humeur : Im h...a...p...p...y... It hurts. This is not right. not right. not right. NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS

http://www.2kinds.com

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé